Bloggers are a new thing, still evolving, still becoming. My own blog started as a means of keeping in touch with the people I left behind in Los Angeles. Now, many of my readers are people living here in NOLA and many others are people who miss the city and want to be here vicariously. It would seem that the latest evolution in blogging is awards for blogging passed from blogger to blogger like a chain letter. One such award, The Liebster Award, was passed on to me by the very kind and well-traveled Suletta.
The Liebster Award is given to a blogger with less than 200 followers. Though I have far more readers, I do have less than 200 subscribers and I’m grateful to Suletta for choosing my blog. As Suletta stated in her post, Liebster means “beloved, dearest, cute, pleasant, kind and most of all WELCOME to all my readers.” And as she stated, to be a worthy recipient, I must follow a few simple rules attached to this award:
1. Post 11 Random facts about yourself
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post
3. Tell them you’ve tagged them
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
5. No tag backs
The 11 random facts about me are:
1. I was the first person to wear a Project Runway dress on the red carpet.
2. I’ve never dyed my hair.
3. I love making puzzles.
4. I met the Pope.
5. I believed everything my Pawpaw ever told me.
6. I walk a lot.
7. I’m tall so sleeves are almost always too short for me.
8. I’m an avid fan of So You Think You Can Dance.
9. I’m allergic to wine.
10. I’ve lived on all 3 U.S. coasts.
11. I was a nightclub D.J. throughout college.
The 11 bloggers I’ve chosen are (in no particular order):
Bipedalling (I have two feet and shoes. The world is mine.) A blog about walking. Great photos from Japan, Cambodia, Finland and more.
Do I Amuse You? (Think * Laugh * Share * Let It Go) Funny musings on random topics from a Marylander.
Music Is My Boyfriend Song and video picks from an industry insider and music lover.
Some Like it South (A yankee girl living an inspired life…”Southern Style”) Though she hasn’t posted in a bit, great step by step cooking with photos.
Cynical Cook (A Study of All Things Delicious) Information and great photos of dishes from restaurants throughout the country.
Bayoucreole’s Weblog Random thoughts from a New Orleanian. Though you might encounter occasional cussing, I love her Throwback Thursday photos of items we’ve forgotten.
Mr. Peel’s Sardine Liqueur (Deciphering the Code of Cinema from the Center of Los Feliz) In-depth discussion and analysis of movies – old and new.
Red Beans and Eric…err, Rice! (A New Orleans kitchen in a Detroit home. My take at Creole and Cajun recipes inspired by the Cresent City) Gorgeous food photos, family stories and he quotes Anders Osborne. What more do you want?
A Day’s Outing (get out and go) Connected to the website that assists in planning fun things to do throughout the country, the blog focuses on curiosity and fun factoids with pretty photos and a recipe for a horse birthday cake.
And I’m pretty sure these have more followers, but…
What I Saw Riding My Bike Around Today (A blog about bikes and cameras and riding about) A resident of Baltimore who can even make a trip to the dentist interesting.
Good Food Gourmet (…make every meal a feast) One of the most decadent food sites ever.
1. How would you describe your best physical attribute to a modeling agency? Try and keep it light and fun please!!
I modeled for ten years and from their perspective, my best attributes are that I’m tall and thin and show up on time.
2. How would you like to be remembered by your loved ones – therefore your best character traits? Try and write your own epitaph here.
She cared. Let’s dance.
3. Do you like sweet or savoury treats? Give us a good example. Sharing of a great recipe would be welcome.
Maybe it’s because it’s hot out, but I’m going to have to go with a Nectar Creme Sno-ball from Snowiz.
4. Do you believe in a Higher Power, angels, ghosts? Have you an experience to share?
Yes, yes and yes. My experience is that you can never un-see that which you have seen.
5. What is next on your “Bucket-List” of Life?
Is it weird to say I’m satisfied? I crossed off so many, many things already.
6. Do you have phobias?
I’d rather do just about anything in the world than get a shot.
7. All-time favourite movie and why?
Gone with the Wind. See it on the big screen or you can’t judge. On the small screen, it plays like a Telemundo soap opera. Scarlett O’Hara is the sassiest, strongest, funniest woman to ever wear a hoop skirt. She’s so terrible, but I can’t help but love her as much as the dashing Rhett Butler does.
8. All-time favorite song and why?
Really can’t answer that. I love brass bands and 70’s rock and funk of all kinds but I don’t have a favorite song.
And here are my questions to those whose blogs I’ve chosen:
1. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
2.What movie character is most like you?
3. Country, suburbs or city and why?
4. Have you ever been to New Orleans and if so, what surprised you the most?
5. How did your blog start?
6. If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
7. Have you ever asked someone for their autograph and who?
8. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
9. Sauna or steam room?
10. Favorite hobby?
11. Five words that describe you?
Again, thank you to Suletta for her recognition and kind words. This is a blogger to blogger award that affords us the opportunity to throw a little light on each other. I really enjoyed seeing what else is out there in blogger-land. I hope all of you enjoy my choices!